A few weeks ago, a good friend of mine started a blog. It was one of her new year's resolutions to try having a blog for a year, so that come 2012 she could look back and see what she'd learned and achieved in the last 365 days. I find that as some what of an inspiration.
I'm not quite as sure about what I'm wanting to achieve with this....inner peace? To find my voice? To be a bit more open? I don't know yet. Maybe I'll find out along the way and maybe I won't. Either way, the concept of a blog has always interested me and I've admired the people who are bold enough to put their lives out there for the public to view.
A little bit about me....I'm English and live in Texas. Towards the end of 2010 I married my wonderful husband after 4 years of being together. We have a dog and a pet rabbit. They are our children, and I'm sure there will be many stories about them on this blog. I'm very close to my family, my immediate family is the only family living outside of the UK. After 20 years living abroad and away from your relatives, I suppose it's only natural that you come so close to your parents and siblings. Afterall, they're the only family around when it comes to the holidays (which is something I enjoy. There's never any bickering about who's house we have to go to and which side of the family gets visited the most at Christmas, etc). My interests are traveling (bank balance and holiday time permitting), reading, cooking, and photography. It all sounds a bit cliche, but it's true. I get a huge kick out of finishing a book, experimenting in the kitchen, getting lost in a new place, and I have named my camera in the way that people name their children (it's Dennis by the way).
So there's the basic rundown of me and my life. The past has been interesting and diverse, and I just hope that the future is just as colourful.
Can't wait to follow your blog! Embrace family, even the things that drive you crazy. The memories are what matters :) I need to blog! Can't believe I haven't done it in a while.
ReplyDelete