Yesterday evening, while celebrating my big day with some prosecco, I reacquainted myself with an old friend. Dennis. That's what I've named my Canon 20D that I got nearly 6 years ago for my 21st birthday. For the longest time I didn't go anywhere without my camera and I was constantly inspired. Then life evolved and I had to put more focus on my future, and I ended up with less free time. So for the last two years my relationship with Dennis has suffered, and we only saw each other for special occassions.
So last night, feeling like I could do anything, I sat in the garden and took some pictures. I like to shoot with natural light and I don't like to edit my photos after taking them. I fell in love with the classic darkroom environment, the basics of photography, and never experimented past what nature gave me. When I lived in England I wanted to take pictures of everything: scenery, architecture, people....so much was so close to your doorstep. In Texas I feel I lack creativity. It's not that beautiful scenery, architecture, and people don't exist in Texas, it's just that it's all so much further away. So yesterday I stuck close to home, cranked up some Calvin Harris/Avicii/Deadmau5 on the outdoor surround sound, and took some pictures of the dogs, the prosecco, and even managed to get a self-portrait done. Here are the results:
 |
| Sheila, my baby girl |
 |
| Pandora, my little one, and Sheila |
 |
| Me |
 |
| Heaven in a glass |
No comments:
Post a Comment