In 27 hours I will be leaving work tomorrow to collect my newest "baby." A little Canon called the S100 is nearly mine, only just big enough to fit in the palm of my hand.
I'm picky with my cameras. I don't have unlimited resources to buy the biggest and best, and I don't buy often. In fact that last camera I bought was over two years ago and it was a cheap and cheerful - yet surprisingly powerful - point and shoot. Before that the last camera I got was Dennis, my Canon 20D DSLR. I've known for a long time that Dennis is slightly out dated in terms of MP and filters and a bit low on ISO speed. But he's mine. I couldn't possibly replace him.
So that's why I'm going for the S100. It will take the place of my point and shoot, but the difference is that it's not as cheap and a hell of a lot more cheerful. It will be my "D-not an SLR but takes a damn good picture like an SLR" camera that I can easily take with me anywhere.
The last time I felt so excited about a new arrival was the day before Zak and I picked up Pandora from the SPCA after her snip-snip op. Okay, that day was much bigger and more exciting, but I can't wait to get my hands on this camera, see everything it can do, and share the pictures with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment