Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Time flies!

It seems every year, every month, people are commenting on how quickly time is passing.  "This year's really flying by," or "I can't believe it's already May - wasn't it just Christmas?", are phrases that never seem to be far away.

Well not to sound cliche, but this year really IS flying by.  The last couple of weeks have been busy both at work and at home.  I knew I was in for a busy week at work when on Monday of last week I didn't get home until 11.45 pm, which is much later than the standard 5.00 or 5.30.  I knew I was in for a busy week at home when I looked at my calendar yesterday morning and saw that Zak and I have something planned every day for the next 7 days.  And it looks as if things aren't really going to slow down from here.

Only just now am I about to enter the busiest part of the year so far.  With work, next month is the last month of Q1 and I have quotas to meet.  After that it's trade show season so I'll be travelling quite a bit with that.  At home it's Zak's birthday coming up and then my sister's wedding in the first week of May.  This means that between now and then not only will there be bridal showers and hen nights to attend, but as maid of honour (or I guess matron of honour, seeing as I'm married) much time will be spent planning those things.  Factor into that all of life's daily routines and surprises, and I'm in for a busy few months. 

Luckily, I like being busy.  I'd rather have too much to do than too little.  And I like the responsibilities I have both at home and at work.  However, for all my excellent skills as a multi-tasker, this will be a bit challenging for me.  At least there will be plenty of photo opportunities to play with the new camera, right?

I've set my light at the end of the tunnel (the calm after the storm) to be Memorial Day weekend, the last weekend in May.  This should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment